You never know when fortune will smile at you… and make the painting you bought for a few thousand pesos balloon in worth into the millions.
Back in 2010, British businessman Andy Fields purchased a collection of five paintings from a Las Vegas garage sale for $5. When he decided to have one of the paintings reframed, he discovered an early Andy Warhol sketch hidden behind it. The signed drawing is believed to be of 1930s singer Rudy Vallee and was created when Warhol was just 10 years old. Warhol paintings fetch absurd prices on the auction block — the artist is considered to be the bellwether of the art market — and the sketch is estimated to be worth a whopping $2 million.
So with fingers crossed, I would like to offer some of my paintings which have lately overpopulated my garage, depriving my cars a shelter of their own.
I reckon that if I’m martyred for my scathing graphics and foul writing aimed at A-hole celebrities… the value of my paintings will soar.
If my music goes immortal (all 600+ of them), I can almost see the value of my art go through the roof.
I figured a 9-day duration for the sale would be just right before I send off the paintings to some storage rental facility that they can call “home”.
First things first, here are the mechanics:
1. No haggling. (We are not dealing with galunggong and talong here).
2. Absolutely fixed prices. No exchange, no return.
3. Below, you’ll see all the paintings being offered for sale – including important details.
4. If you fall in love with one or two or three of the work, PM me at my Facebook page or email me at email@example.com
5. From your message, we can arrange delivery (free) and manner of payment (C.O.D. if I know you personally). Or bank transfer – the way most online transactions are consummated.
And now, my art (for a larger view, click on the image)…
2. LABAS DEDE. Acrylic on canvas. (24 3/4″ x 27″). Framed. P29,000
3. FISHBALL. Acrylic on wood. Framed (25″ x 19″). P19,000
4. MONA P. Mixed media + acrylic on canvas board (22 3/4″ x 20 3/4″). Unframed. P9,000
5. VOODOO. Acrylic on canvas board. (24 3/4″ x 27″). Unframed. P9,000
6. ANG SARAP EH. Acrylic on wood. Framed (32 1/4″ x 27″). P29,000
7. ROCKER 4EVER. Acrylic on canvas (40″ x 30 3/4″). Attach a hook & hang. P29,000
8. ROCKIN’ COUSINS. Mixed media + Acrylic on canvas. (24 3/4″ x 27″).Attach a hook & hang. P19,000
9. LIPAD, MUSIKERO, LIPAD. Acrylic on canvas. Unframed (28″ x 22″). P19,000
10. PEPE RAKENROL. Acrylic painted on old newspapers. Framed (27″ x 38″). P29,000
11. AMOY PINIPIG. Acrylic on canvas (36″ x 12″). Attach a hook & hang. P19,000
12. PEPE ON BBL. Mixed media + Acrylic. (17″ x 22″). Unframed. P9.000
13. JOEY. Mixed media + Acrylic on canvas (28″ x 38″). Attach a hook & hang. P29,000
14 THE ORGY. Acrylic on canvas (30″ x 20″). Attach a hook & hang. P19,000
15. STARVING MUSICIAN. Acrylic on canvas (18″ x 24″). Unframed. P19,000
16. CHINAMAN. Acrylic on canvas (32 1/2″ x 28″). Framed. P29,000
17. DYOGING. Acrylic on canvas (20″ x 16″). Unframed. P19,000
18, HUGOT. Acrylic on canvas board (18″ x 22″). Unframed. P19,000
By the way… if you don’t want anyone to beat you to any of the work, text me ASAP at 09209265316