If you’re still hesitant about diverting the money you’ve allotted for a new iPhone 4S to the relief efforts for the disaster victims in Cagayan de Oro and Iligan… here are 10 reasons that just might prod you into doing so:
10. The heart-wrenching photos you saw in the papers of hapless dead bodies covered in mud are for real – not photoshopped
9. Our soldiers donated their one-day subsistence allowance – peanuts to you, but a substantial chunk of their meager pay
8. Deciding how much to give is a much easier problem than wondering when the caskets for the dead bodies will arrive… from Manila
7. You weren’t roused from your sleep by a sudden, overpowering rush of oozy mud and river water with an occasional tug by a log or two
6. The pollution in the Metro is nothing compared to the stench of hundreds of decaying bodies
5. You will say ‘goodbye’ to your family when you leave for work today. The disaster victims never had the opportunity to do so.
4. Charity begins at home… why let foreigners out-donate you?
3. An iPhone will always be around – unless Apple decides to focus full blast on… thermal printers
2. What if it happened to your loved ones
1. Giving is the true essence of Christmas…
but raise the ante this season by giving till it hurts. It will make you feel good for a long, long time.
When you’re ready to help – till it hurts…
Text RED<space>AMOUNT to 2899 (Globe) or 4143 (Smart)
You can donate the following denominations:
Globe: 5, 25, 100, 300, 500 or 1000
Smart: 10, 25, 50, 100, 300, 500 or 1000
Please be advised that as of Dec. 20, all LBC branches in the US & Canada will start serving as drop-off centers for your donations to victims of typhoon Sendong.